- Griefing is allowed in unclaimed areas only, specifically the resource world. - Any severe negative action that affects multiple people (like a town) is automatically considered grief. - Grief is dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
2. Stealing Rules
- Stealing from unlocked containers is allowed. - Using /plot clear to steal from locked containers is not allowed. - Ranked towny members may not use their powers to steal from unlocked containers. - Breaking into a locked room to steal from unlocked containers is not allowed and is considered griefing. - Some things we cannot log also cannot be protected. This includes killing animals and stealing items from item frames, armor stands, horses, etc.
3. TP Killing
- Do not send or accept a teleport request if you have intent to kill the player. - You cannot teleport in a player to kill another player. - If you kick a player from your town, you cannot kill them until they have been given safe passage from the town. - Asking someone to teleport somewhere (town spawn, home, etc.) in order to kill them is not allowed.
4. Chat Rules
- All chat rules are subject to staff discretion in terms of how much is too much. If you're unsure, just ask staff! - Avoid too much caps in global chat. - Swearing is not allowed in global chat. However, damn, hell, and ass are all allowed in global. - Censoring swear words is not allowed in global chat. Acronyms (wtf, fml, etc.) are allowed. - Don't spam in global chat. Spamming messages and teleport requests is not allowed. Spamming empty shops is not allowed. - Advertising other servers or server websites is not allowed in any chat channel. Please use an outside program (Skype, Discord, etc.) to share this information. - We may still consider outside programs as advertising if you try to advertise to a wide audience, not just your friends, for example. - Do not share links in global chat. You can /msg them. - Speak English in global chat. - No spoilers of any kind. - Remember, these situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. Punishment for violation of chat rules may vary between staff members. Staff can make mistakes and miss chat violations. Do not yell at staff members because your punishment was different from someone else's, or if you were punished and someone else was not.
- The staff here work voluntarily and for free. We take staff disrespect very seriously here. If you do not heed our warnings, staff disrespect can result in a ban. - The below rules are subject to staff discretion in terms of how much is too much. If you're unsure, just ask staff! - Do not excessively harass or abuse any players in any chat channel. - Do not use excessive profanity toward any players in any chat channel. - Racism, discrimination, and excessive harassment are not allowed in any chat channel. - Politics and other socially inflammatory topics may only be discussed in debate chat (/db). - If you are found to have a negative impact on the community, we can remove you at our discretion. - If you feel you are being harassed or abused by another player, /ignore the player and report it to staff.
6. Scamming Rules
- Scamming is not allowed in any form. - If you think what you are about to do might be considered scamming, ask a staff member. - You may not blackmail other players. - Take screenshots and write book contracts in order to help combat being scammed! Server logs should only have to be read by staff as a last resort.
- Traps are allowed as long as they were placed before a player stumbles upon it. - The trapper must play no part in getting the user caught in the trap (Eg. Luring them into the trap, pressing a button to activate the trap) - You are not allowed to use traps to TP kill players. - You are not allowed to kill/damage players with lava or fire. - You are not allowed to drown players.
8. Glitching Rules
- Glitching is anything that seems like it was not meant to be part of the game. - Glitching, in any form, is not allowed. - Block glitching in order to gain access to an area you shouldn't be able to is not allowed. - If you discover a glitch, report it to an admin. Abusing a glitch you discover is not allowed.
9. Surrounding Towns
- You are not allowed to surround a town on all four sides. - You may surround a town on up to three sides. - In other words, a town must be able to claim in at least one direction (the same direction) from ALL plots connected to whatever you're surrounding. - You must leave a 1 chunk gap in between your claims and the town you are surrounding. This is enforced by towny. Attempting to bypass this using autoclaim or radius claims is not allowed. - Claims that violate these rules will be removed without refund.
10. PVP Rules
- PVP Logging is not allowed. - Using disguise in PVP is not allowed. - You are not allowed to place lava or fire on players during combat. - You are not allowed to toggle town pvp nor create an arena plot to kill a player. - PVP Enabled players may not set their home in any town other than their own without permission from the town's mayor.
11. Allowed Mods
- Minimaps with player radar disabled - Optifine - Shaders - Resource Packs (except those that give unfair advantage, like xray) - Inventory Tweaks - Schematica (do not use printmode) - 5zig - Raising gamma - Crafting macros that do not exceed 15 clicks per second, do require continuous interaction/input from you, and are not used while AFK/not watching your screen. - If you have a mod you would like to use, please ask an admin about it if it is not on this list.
12. Town Inactivity
- If a town's mayor, advisors, and assistants are all inactive for 30+ days, you may ask an admin to delete the town. - Activity is based on that specific account, not alternate accounts.
13. Donator/Rank Perk Rules
- Nicknames are meant to be used to shorten your name. Anyone who uses a nickname to impersonate other players or uses a nickname that does not relate/shorten their original name will have their nickname removed. Repeat offenses will result in losing the perk. - If you are unsure about a nickname, ask a staff member. - You are not allowed to sell items for other players in the farmers market. - You are not allowed to sell items for other players in the bulk market.
14. Miscellaneous Rules
- No lag machines (builds made intentionally to lag the server, like door open/closers). - All redstone timers must be off when a player is not using them, they cannot be kept on all the time. - No nether portal gold farms, and no iron golem farms. - Overcrowded animal pens may be removed/killed to avoid lag. 2 new animals will be spawned to breed.
15. Use Common Sense
- Not all rules are listed here. We do our best to make a cohesive set of rules, but sometimes things (that should be very obviously against the rules) are missed because we assume our players understand. For a simple example, don't try to destroy the server. - Do not try and find loopholes within the rules to try and bypass the rules. - Ask staff if you are unsure about a rule. - If you know of someone else breaking a rule, report them! Not doing so makes you an accomplice! This is more applicable on glitch abuse, xraying, etc, than chat rules.